You are about to begin your eighth grade year and high school is just around the corner, so we want to introduce you to GoCPS, our district-wide application process where you can apply to every CPS high school with one site, one application and one deadline. With GoCPS, you can manage the entire application process online and you will have the ability to:
- Review school and program options in one place;
- Rank these school and program choices based on your preferences; and
- Receive an offer from the highest-ranked choice on your application for which you qualify and which has available seats.
CPS students who are 13 years of age or older should subscribe using a personal email address or their parent/guardian’s email address. Do NOT subscribe using your @cps.edu account – we already have your CPS email address on file and will automatically send messages to it. If you are under 13 years of age, only your parent/guardian should subscribe.
Once you’re on the mailing list, you’ll be one of the first to know when we open access to the following GoCPS features on these dates:
- Learn (Now – Oct 2019): Get an overview of the application process, and subscribe to receive important announcements.
- Search (June – Oct 2019): Conduct detailed research to find the best schools/programs for you.
- Explore (Aug – Oct 2019): Take a deeper look into your school/program choices to see how well they fit your needs and interests.
- Apply (Oct – Dec 2019): Use your online account to apply to schools/programs, complete applications and schedule any required admissions events.
- Selection (May – June 2019): Receive results for the schools/programs to which you applied.